The Eco News has put together our favourite recycle ideas for your Halloween Home!
Reusing items from our recycling bin is very important, it means that the use of the item is stopping it going back into land fill. Here at The Eco News we think its best to use materials whenever and wherever you can and keep reusing them again and again. Making the crafts below, you can store them until the next Halloween season! Try making your own decorations this Halloween.
Items needed: Egg Boxes / Coloured Paint / String / Glue
How to make an egg box bat:
1. Using your scissors cut your egg boxes into bat shapes
2. Paint your bats using your coloured paint
3. Cut the string long enough for your bat to hang from the ceiling
4. Glue your bat to the string and let it dry.
Items needed: Left over Tissues or Napkins / String / Elastic Bands or Hair Band / Black Marker Pen How to make a ghost:
1. Screw a piece of tissue up into a ball, this makes the ghosts head.
2. Use another tissue and shape this round the head
3. Tie your chosen band round the head to hold the issue on.
4. Use the black marker pen to draw ghost eyes or a ghostly face
The great thing about these ghosts, is the tissue is still usable after you are finished!
Items Needed: Toilet Rolls / Pens and Paint / Pipe Cleaners / Eyes / Coloured Paper
How to make your creatures:
- Paint your toilet rolls all different colours or cover them in coloured card.
- Choose different faces for each creature, drawing eyes and a mouth
- Make hats or ears using the coloured card
- Add pipe cleaners for legs or whiskers
We hope you like our selection of recycled Halloween crafts; we love to upcycle and reuse our rubbish! Keep the items until next year so you can organise and plan your Halloween Home. We will have new ideas for next year.
Happy Spooky Halloween, The Eco News! Kirsten x
#halloween #halloweencrafts #halloweendecor #homedecor #crafts #recycle #reuse #homemade #makeyourown #crafting #halloweenseason #autumn #spiders #pumpkins #ghosts